On Sunday, as I was killing time between church in the morning and an association meeting in the afternoon, I decided to visit our old, family summer cabin on the south shore of the Stockbridge Bowl. I spent my teen years, in the 1960s, there. My parents sold the cabin many years ago, and I was curious to see what it looked like these days.
When I arrived, it was clearly closed for the season. It looked much smaller than I remembered. The waterfront seemed like a postage stamp, compared to what I pictured in my mind. It was a bit overgrown, but it was clearly where I played and swam and fished as a youth. It is funny how things change. It is also interesting how our memories shrink when we see reality. Everything was bigger in our youth.
God offers love and constancy in this season of change. Let us all feel God’s steady and steadying hand.
We tend to live in tension between our past and our present. What we remember is not always what is. Our worlds change. Our bodies change. Our relationships change. Our memories change. Our perceptions and outlooks change. The seasons change and have a rhythm of their own. Life goes on.
But in all the change, God remains the same. God’s love is endless. God’s promises endure. God’s grace is constant. God’s mercy is sure. No matter how our world or lives change, God is at the beginning of all, end of all, and in the midst of all. And that is a comforting thought. —Pastor Charlie
Sunday Services begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Worship is casual, comfortable, and fun!
- Simply come as you are. We’ll be looking for you.
Advent begins on November 27!
- Lighting of the Advent Wreath
- Sermons to help navigate the holiday season
We Are an Open and Affirming Church
What does “Open and Affirming” (ONA) mean?
- It is a public covenant of welcome to persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
- It is a United Church of Christ (UCC) designation.
- It is for congregations, campus ministries, and other UCC bodies.
- Everyone is welcomed into full life and ministry.