During January and February, we are in the season of Epiphany. This is much more than a time to remember the magi who visited Jesus in Bethlehem. This is a season of light as we also remember the Baptism and earthly ministry of our Lord and Savior. We will be focusing on the “Sermon on the Mount” and Jesus’ many teachings. Epiphany lasts until Ash Wednesday (March 1).
Sunday Services begin at 10:00 a.m. Worship is casual, comfortable, and fun! Simply come as you are. We’ll be looking for you!
Worship Schedule for January and February
January 22: 3rd Sunday of Epiphany
- Sermon: “What We Can Learn from Atheists”
- Scripture: Matthew 4:12–23
January 29: 4th Sunday of Epiphany
- Sermon: “The Beatitudes: Attitudes for Being”
- Scripture: Matthew 5:1–12
February 5: 5th Sunday of Epiphany
- Sermon: “Making a Difference in the World”
- Scripture: Matthew 5:13–16
- Service of Holy Communion
February 12: 6th Sunday of Epiphany
- Sermon: “Stretching for New Goals”
- Scripture: Matthew 5:21–37
February 19: 6th Sunday of Epiphany
- Sermon: “Revenge Fantasies”
- Scripture: Matthew 5:38–48
February 26: Transfiguration Sunday
- Sermon: “Four Steps down the Mountain”
- Scripture: Matthew 17:1–9
We Are an Open and Affirming Church
What does “Open and Affirming” (ONA) mean?
- It is a public covenant of welcome to persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
- It is a United Church of Christ (UCC) designation.
- It is for congregations, campus ministries, and other UCC bodies.
- Everyone is welcomed into full life and ministry.