A Resurrection People
It is an alarming business when we go about trying to understand who we are. We are the church. We are the professing Christians in our generation. And still, it is a necessary task as more and more, we look exactly like the society that is around us.
We would do well to reaffirm ourselves as a community of the hopeful ones and the joyous ones. For we have cause for hope, have cause for rejoicing in the God who delights in her created world; the God whose enormous and holy hands hold history and heaven together; the God who testifies in Jesus Christ, for the sake of all, that “death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain, for the former things have passed away.” And for these causes, which are the foundations of our faith, we are called “to be minstrels of God—a Resurrection People,” living in our world with jubilation and praise, at our daily work, eating our daily bread, and ministering to all sorts and conditions of people.
As the weather warms and we move on toward Pentecost, let us all be filled with joy and gladness. That is our calling. That is our mission.
Sunday Services begin at 10:00 AM. Worship is casual, comfortable, and fun! Simply come as you are. Bring a friend. We’ll be looking for you!
Upcoming Worship Schedule
May 21: Sixth Sunday of Easter
- Guest Preacher: Rev. Rick Chrisman
- Coffee hour after the service!
May 28: Memorial Day Weekend
- Sermon: “Scheduling Problems”
- Scripture: Acts 1:6–14
June 4: Pentecost Sunday
- Sermon: “Holy Spirit Holes”
- Scripture: Acts 2:1–21
- Service of Holy Communion
- Wear something red in honor of the day!
We Are an Open and Affirming Church
What does “Open and Affirming” (ONA) mean?
- It is a public covenant of welcome to persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
- It is a United Church of Christ (UCC) designation.
- It is for congregations, campus ministries, and other UCC bodies.
- Everyone is welcomed into full life and ministry.