Our capacity for great good is only surpassed by our capacity to do greater harm. During this season of Lent, we must contemplate not only our darker side, but the better angels that live within us. We contend. We strive. We look to something higher. So as we begin our Lenten journey, may we follow Jesus a little more nearly and embrace once again our deep need to align with powers and ideals that are higher than our own. Let us walk together into Lent.
Sunday Services begin at 10:00 a.m. Worship is casual, comfortable, and fun! Simply come as you are. We’ll be looking for you!
Worship Schedule for March
March 5: First Sunday in Lent
- Sermon: “The Devil’s Clickbait”
- Scripture: Matthew 4:1–11
- Service of Holy Communion
March 12: Second Sunday in Lent
- Sermon: “What’s Your Real Spiritual Age?”
- Scripture: John 3:1–17
March 19: Third Sunday in Lent
- Sermon: “The Ahhh Effect”
- Scripture: John 4:5–37
March 26: Fourth Sunday in Lent
- Sermon: “20/20 Insight”
- Scripture: John 9:1–21, 24–25b
We Are an Open and Affirming Church
What does “Open and Affirming” (ONA) mean?
- It is a public covenant of welcome to persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
- It is a United Church of Christ (UCC) designation.
- It is for congregations, campus ministries, and other UCC bodies.
- Everyone is welcomed into full life and ministry.